In the south-west of Sardinia, an easy route, suitable for everyone that will let we know the history, traditions, architecture and beaches of this part of Sardinia where rocky promontories, secluded coves, islands has as background the green of the coast and the blue of the sea with its clear waters.
A guided bike tour with luggage transfert suitable for everyone.
What is included in the tour
- The transfer on day 1 and 7
- The briefing on arrival
- 7 nights in 3 stars hotels,
- 7 breakfasts
- 7 dinners
- The bike guide
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- The bike rental
- Tthe ferry boat ticket on day 4
- The travel insurance
- The booklet with info about the route.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Drinks at meals,
- Picnic lunch
- Tourist city tax
- Entrance tickets to museums, parks and archaeological sites,
- The transfer on Day 8 from Cagliari to apt
- Anything not specified under "INCLUSIONS".
- Iglesias and the traces of Mining Civilization
- The Antas Temple and Su Mannau Caves
- The beautiful inlet of Cala Domestica
- The remains of past mining civilization
- Nebida and the Sugar Loaf
- The diversity and beauty of Carloforte and the San Pietro Island
- The island of Sant Antioco and its museums and its culture.
- The medieval village and the church of Santa Maria di Trattalias
- The white sand and the clear waters of Porto Pino and Tuerredda.
- Chia and the South Coast of Sardinia.
- Cagliari and its historical quarters and museums.
D1 Arrival in Cagliari
Arrival in Cagliari, meeting with Ichnusabike staff and transfer to Iglesias.
Arrival at the hotel, accommodation, delivering of our booklet and briefing about this tour.
Free time to rest or visit the biggest town in the south west of Sardinia.
D2 Towards the sea
From Iglesias to the wild landscapes of Capo Pecora, through the mining village of Fluminimaggiore.
During the trip we could visit some interesting sites as the Natural caves of Su Mannau with their 6 kms of broad halls, galleries and wells.
By bike: approx. 40,50 km - Total Ascent: 600
D3 Pan di Zucchero
After Breakfast, maybe the most difficult lap of wer journey!
After crossing the mining village of Bugerrru we will start a series of difficult but not impossible uphills and downhills that will take us to Nebida where the descent to the coast starts.
During the trip, we will stop at the creek of Cala Domestica with an amazing beach covered in white fine sand.
In the evening, arrival at the hotel in Portoscuso.
By bike: approx. 51,50 km - Total Ascent: 780
D4 Island by the island
After breakfast, we'll take a boat to Carloforte, a seaside town whose architecture, dialect and traditions recall the origins of its Ligurian inhabitants.
Once we have landed on the island, we will go on an excursion which will enable we to visit the Island of S.Pietro, among ponds, the natural monuments and scenic beaches.
In the late evening we will take another ferry boat to Calasetta
By bike: Min. 32 - Max 42 km – Total Ascent: 389 m
D5 The Phoenician island
Once we have left wer hotel which is near the sea, we will set out on an interesting tour of the Island of S.Antioco, with its museums, its traces of the past and landscapes that make it unique in the world.
By bike: approx. 45 km – Total Ascent: 416 m
D6 The Sulcis region
From Calasetta to S. Anna Arresi deep in the south of the island.
Along the way we'll visit the Church of St. Maria and the abandoned medieval village of Tratalias (which is now being restored).
Shortly before reaching the hotel, following the road-book, we'll reach Porto Pino a little sea location renowned for its dunes and beaches of fine white sand.
By bike: approx. 57 km – Total Ascent: 300 m
D7 The south coast
From S. Anna Arresi to Chia along the southern Coast we'll admire a beautiful mixture of wild coasts, Mediterranean scrub, and lovely creeks.
Once we reach Chia all we have to do is relax and sunbathe on the beautiful long beach and wait for the transfer that in the afternoon will bring us to Cagliari for the last night of this tour.
By bike: approx. 38 km – Total Ascent: 513
Our services end after breakfast.
Greetings and departure or by request we may extend your stay to enjoy a few days in Cagliari or southern part of Sardinia.