By bike to discover Alghero and the north-western part of Sardinia.
From the Natural Park of Porto Conte to Bosa passing through the villages in the contryside in a short break tour that will allow you to discover this part of the island.
What is included in the tour
- The transfer from Alghero airport to the first hotel
- The briefing on arrival
- Accomodation in 3-4 stars hotels
- 4 breakfasts
- Phone assistance
- Gps rental
- Booklet with all info about the route
- Transferts on day 1 and 5
What is NOT included in the tour
- Drinks at meals
- Tourist city tax
- Entrance tickets to museums, parks and archeological sites
- Bike rental
- Anything not specified under "The fee includes"
During this bike trip you will know / discover / visit:
- Alghero, its ramparts, its beaches, the dialect and the connection with Catalonia
- The north western coast of Sardinia
- The inland arround Alghero with its small villages and its fascinating landascapes
- Regional Natural Park of Porto Conte
- The Coastal Road Alghero - Bosa
- The medieval village of Bosa with its delightful historical center and its craftsmanship
D1: Arrival in Sardinia
Individual arrival in Alghero in the late afternoon or in the evening
Individual transfer to the hotel and meeting with the IchnusaBike referents for the briefing on the bike tour of the coming days.
D2: The west and natural coast of Porto Conte
By bike to visit the surroundings north of Alghero.
Following our easy route you can visit Fertilia, a village founded in 1936 following the reclamation of the sub region of Nurra and arriving as far as Porto Conte; a varied environmental system of high naturalistic interest due to the presence of fauna of community importance and different species of endemic flora.
Along the way you can stop at the beautiful Bombarde beach and Lake Barratz; the only natural basin of Sardinia.
By bike: about 55 km
D3: Discovering the Alghero hinterland
From the beaches of Alghero to the small villages of the interior in what is probably the hardest stage of this tour.
After passing through Putifigari you will continue to Villanova Monteleone; a center of about 2300 inhabitants, known for its landscape value and for the traditions and craft activities related to textiles such as the production of carpets, blankets, tapestries and curtains made exclusively from natural fibers.
D4: The City on the River
From Alghero along a spectacular road overlooking the sea that alternating climbs and descents, will eventually lead you to Bosa.
After leaving the splendid Aragonese town of the Riviera dei Coralli, we cycle up to the medieval town of Bosa, the only true river town in Sardinia, famous for its wine, its embroideries and the gold filigree.
In the afternoon return to Alghero by bus.
By bike: about 45 km - Difference in altitude 714 m
After breakfast, end of our services.
If you still have time, we suggest you visit the historic center of Alghero on foot.
By bike: 11 km - Total difference in altitude 20 m