Along the west coast to discover landscapes that tell of many different souls of Sardinia; a mix of colours, tales, emotions and silences that can become yours only through your bike.
What is included in the tour
- Briefing at arrival
- 7 nights in 3 or 4 star hotels
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Luggage transport
- Gps rental + tracks
- Booklet with info about the route
- Phone assistance
- Transfer on day 7 to Cagliari
What is NOT included in the tour
- Drinks at meals
- Tourist city tax
- Entrance tickets to museums, parks and archeological sites
- Anything not listed under "The fee includes".
- Alghero, its ramparts, its beaches, the dialect and the connection with Catalonia.
- The Coastal Road Alghero -Bosa
- The medieval village of Bosa with its delightful historical center and its craftsmanship
- The Planargia plateau, the Flussio with its traditional Sardinian baskets.
- Tinnura Village and its murales of traditional life in rural Sardinia
- The Sinis Peninsula with its beaches, its ponds and its silence.
- The ruins of Tharros and the museum of Giants of Monte Prama
- The Green Coast and the dunes of Piscinas
- Nebida and the Pan di Zucchero (sugar loaf)
D1 Arrival in Alghero
Individual arrival in Alghero in the late afternoon and on request transfer to the 1st hotel.
Meeting with IchnusaBike representatives for briefing, bike fixing and delivery of gps, bikes and other equipment for your adventure in Sardinia.
D2 The city on the river
From Alghero to Bosa along a spectacular road overlooking the sea.
Leaving the beautiful Aragonese city along the Coral Riviera, you will ride until you reach the medieval town of Bosa, the only real river town of Sardinia, famous for its wine, its embroidery and gold filigree.
By bike: approx 52 kms – Total Ascent: 950 m
D3 West Passage
From the picturesque Bosa, until San Salvatore, a small village a few km from the beaches of the Sinis Peninsula.
Along the way, you can visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Nives, Our Lady of the Snow, that dominates the town of Cuglieri, from which you can have a splendid view of the whole area.
By bike: Approx 70kms – Total Ascent 700 m
D4 Among ponds and enchanted beaches
Finally the sea with the charming peninsula of Sinis, the beaches of white quartz of Mari Ermi, Is Aruttas and the ruins of Tharros, a city founded by the Phoenicians around 800 BC, from which the ancient capital city of Orissa, Judicial Kingdom of Arborea, originated.
By Bike: Approx 30 kms – Total Ascent 150 m
D5 Costa Verde
From Cabras pedaling* along the plane of Arborea, you will arrive to Marceddì; an old fishing village where, after crossing the bridge, you will begin your exploration of the Costa Verde (Green Coast) and, at the end of the lap, you can admire the unique sight of the dunes of Torre dei Corsari.
By bike: 52 kms – Total Ascent 200 m
D6 The Mountains of sand
Again sea and mines in this trip that from the Green Coast, through the desert landscapes of Piscinas and the mining village of Ingurtosu, will bring you to Portixeddu.
Once you are in Portixeddu you can spend some nice hours relaxing on the beach 10 min close to your hotel
By bike: Approx 58 kms – Total Ascent 850 m
D7 The sugar loaf
More sea and spectacular landscapes in this fascinating final lap that finally, after passing through the mining villages of Buggeru and Nebida, will lead you to Fontanamare where a transfer will take you back to Cagliari.
During the trip you can stop at the inlet of Cala Domestica and go for a walk at Nebida where you can see the white stack of Sugar Loaf rise from the sea.
By bike: approx 30 kms – Total Ascent: 600 mt.
Our services end after breakfast, if you still have time we suggest you visit the city and its museums.